Publication Ethics Statement
The statement of ethics for Journal of Computing Research and Innovation (JCRINN), Universiti Teknologi MARA Cawangan Perlis. This statement was adapted from the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) covering the code of ethics for the chief editor, editorial board members, reviewers and authors.
DUTIES OF AUTHORS
- To be responsible for ensuring only new and original work is submitted. If the authors have used the work and/or words of others, this must be appropriately cited or quoted
- To ensure the work produced has not been previously published in other journals.
- To ensure submitted articles are not being reviewed or considered by other journals simultaneously. The articles are only allowed to publish after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if the withdrawal request is officially accepted by the journal.
- To inform the Chief Editor or the publisher of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of article can be done.
- To make significant contributions and be held accountable for any shortcoming in their work.
- To do corrections and improvement as commented by reviewers/editor.
DUTIES OF REVIEWERS
- To disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
- To refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
- To review all submissions objectively, fairly and professionally.
- To reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Chief Editor for further action.
- To ensure the originality of a submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
- To obtain permission from the publisher before disclosing the content of the submission.
- To adhere to the time allocated for the review process and request for an extension to review the submission from the Chief Editor.
DUTIES OF EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBERS
- To assist the Chief Editor in the selection process of the manuscript to be published in the journal.
- To evaluate the contents and language of the potential manuscript that have been selected by the Chief Editor.
- To provide recommendation in terms of quality and suitability of the manuscript in accordance with the scope of journal.
- To re-evaluate the manuscript that has been corrected by the author(s).
- To give a suggestion of improvement for the Chief Editor to make a decision of selection.
- To give feedback on the quality of the manuscript within any given time.
- To assist in maintaining the highest standards of quality of the manuscript published with high ethics and competence.
- To recommend manuscript of originality, quality with highest standards.
- To assist to call and obtain manuscripts from colleagues, acquaintance, research scholars, and students etc. within or outside of the member's institution.
DUTIES OF CHIEF EDITOR
- To evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
- To ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding manuscripts to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
- To be responsible to decide when and which articles are to be published.
- To actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and authors on how to improve/ increase the image and visibility of the journal.
- To give clear instructions to potential contributors to the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
- To ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.
- To ensure authors should submit only original work that is not plagiarized and has not been published or being considered elsewhere. Appropriate software may be used by the editorial office to check for similarities of submitted manuscripts with existing literature. Inclusion of fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements is unacceptable.
- To ensure work and/or words from other publications must be appropriately cited or quoted.